How E-learning is different from Remote Learning?
People use 'eLearning' and 'Distance Learning' in place of each other, but they're actually two separate entities.
It is a form of learning to create an online relationship between a teacher and a student, where the teacher uses the fun and creative environment of the internet to create a better learning environment for the student. For example, homeworks can be assigned online or the teacher can ask the students to file assessments online . It's a new way of learning that suits a lot of learners, both school-aged and adult.
It is a type of learning which helps to bridge the gap between the remote students and the teachers like in a type of emergency. Many academic institutions are now giving distance learning degrees, where the student attends school online. That means a student in America could attend an Indian university, without ever having to move. It also makes attending higher education much easier if you live in rural or remote areas.
eLearning can be used in local areas because distance isn't as much of a factor. For example, a teacher may use a quiz app to test children in their classroom. They can all answer on their devices which makes it interactive as well as educational .
It's a help for employed learners too. eLearning can be accessed anytime and anywhere, so it fits into most people's busy schedules. The ease of access means more employees are taking online courses and classes, to learn skills to get ahead.
Whereas, Remote learning is designed in order to be available no matter where you are in the world. It covers issues such as accessibility problems, so students can attend basic classes. This can be through webcams or chat programs.
- Many learners think learning is boring as they feel they're just being talked at in the classroom. eLearning makes the process much more creative and interactive.
- Employed adults find learning much easier when they're doing so through eLearning systems. For example, Via Writing has found adults coming to them to improve their grammar skills, during their free time.
- The learner can learn at their own pace. There are eLearning materials that can be accessed whenever they need to be, meaning that the learner doesn't have to worry about falling behind, or being ahead of the rest of the class, as there's no class to hold them back.
- Remote learning can be a great option if you don't have enough money to spend on your education. As you Don't have to spend money on transportation etc.. As well as this, you're also saving money on the courses themselves, as they're often cheaper.
- No matter where you are, you can take classes. This option is necessary when there is some kind of an emergency where the student cannot leave his/her home to be educated.
- Some learners think that the classroom is a little too uncomfortable . It could be because of a disability, or simply because they've never enjoyed conventional learning.
- This shows a real difference between eLearning and remote learning. eLearning is a style of learning, while remote learning is a method of attending class even if you can't be there physically.